How To Find Extra Money For Christmas
When it comes to needing extra money for Christmas, it isn’t only nice to have – it's crucial. The festive period can be ultra-expensive. But the good thing is making this extra cash is not as difficult as you may think. By following our 5 tips, you'll be well on your way to earning more money in time for December 25th! If you need money immediately and can't wait, read more about payday loans.
The Top 5 Ways To Earn Extra Money For Christmas Quickly
1. Start Dog Walking Or Pet Sitting
It might not seem like it at first, but dog walking and pet sitting are highly profitable side business ideas and can get you extra money for Christmas. You can potentially earn around $1,000 per month, depending on the app you use and your availability.
Many people are willing to pay handsomely for you to walk their furry friends while they're working. However, you can earn even more if you're willing to board dogs at your house or pet sit for people on vacation. Some apps you can use to start your dog walking and/or pet sitting business are:
- Rover — Once you've completed your profile and a background check, Rover approves you within five working days. You can enhance your profile by acquiring testimonials from your loved ones. With this app, you keep 80% of your earnings.
- Fetch! Pet Care — It's similar to Rover but has more job scope. You can advertise specialty services alongside walking and general pet sitting.
- Wag! — It's available in 43 states and is wildly popular. The amount you can earn depends on your location and the duration of the dog walk. In addition, you can advertise extra services, helping you to earn more.
2. Cancel Unused Or Unnecessary Subscriptions
Finding extra money for Christmas isn't necessarily about acquiring more income. Instead, you can cancel subscriptions and other unnecessary recurring payments to free up the cash you already have. Some subscriptions that people tend to forget about include:
- Amazon Prime;
- Apps and games;
- Hulu or Netflix;
- MTV Play.
3. Sell Things You No Longer Need, Want, Or Use
The saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" is true. You can make a lot of money by selling things you no longer desire or use. Old electronics sell the best — especially if they still work. Sites like eBay make it easy to sell your things all over the world. But you might get more bang for your buck by selling locally. The most popular various items that sell well include:
- Smartphones like iPhones (the newer, the better);
- Tablets like the Samsung Galaxy A7 or iPad Pro;
- Cameras (digital or otherwise);
- Laptops from brands like Lenovo, HP, and Dell;
- Game consoles like Xbox One and PS5
4. Cut Down On Your Bills
Negotiating lower prices with your service provider can help you easily find extra money for Christmas. Granted, it can be time-consuming, but it'll save you a lot of cash in the long run. These days, you can even access free services that work to lower your monthly bills for you!
5. Consider A Seasonal Job
Companies, especially high street retailers, employ temporary staff for the holidays. You can earn a decent amount of money during this busy season. Types of jobs include gift wrapping, working on the shop floor, catering holiday parties, or working at a warehouse for UPS or FedEx. You never know, it might become a yearly tradition!
If You Don't Have Time To Fund An Emergency, Try A Payday Loan From Us
Finding extra money for Christmas is easy with our top five tips. However, they all take some time to do, and you might not have that luxury when an emergency strikes. Luckily, a payday loan from us is an option that allows you to gain up to $1,000 on the same day as you apply – if you are approved, of course.
A payday loan helps bridge the gap between pay periods when you are hit with an emergency and need help. The best part is we can consider you even if you have poor credit. From good to bad financial histories, you have the chance to acquire payday loans Florida. The process is quick and straightforward, as you'll find out how to get a payday loan:
- Complete our online inquiry form. One of our friendly loan representatives calls you to discuss the process and define the requirements. They will set up a meeting with you to come in and you can also ask any questions at this stage.
- Head to your nearest Florida payday loan with your government-issued photo identification, a blank check from an active checking account in your name, and your most recent pay stub. Sit with one of our loan associates while they examine your paperwork to consider whether you qualify.
- If you qualify for the loan, we will go over the loan terms and you can complete the simple paperwork with the help of the representative. Once done, you can receive the money you need on the same day or the next bank business day!
Make Your Extra Money Just In Time For Christmas This Year
When it comes to Christmas, it is never a bad idea to find some extra money. Take our tips and be on your way to some extra cash for your holiday budget. And if you need help with emergencies, let a payday loan help. Anyone over the age of 18 can apply for a payday loan from us and find extra money for Christmas emergencies. Give us a call or complete the form to get started.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.