What Is The Average Electric Bill In Florida? How Can I Lower Mine?
Wondering what the average electric bill in Florida is? Can't decide whether yours is ridiculously high? Would you like help to lower it? And how can a Florida payday loan help you afford your bill? Luckily, you've found the answer to all of these questions right here!
The Average Electric Bill In Florida
Florida is ranked in the top 10 states for the highest electric bills in the country. Specifically, the state is 9th on the list. Statistics show that the average electric bill in Florida is $122, which is 14.95% more than the national monthly average of $107.
Moving on from the average electric bill in Florida to look at the standard residential electricity rates, we can see that it's actually 3.87% less than the national average. The electricity rates for domestic properties in the USA range from 8.37¢/kWh to 37.34¢/kWh. Florida sits at 11.42¢/kWh. The higher monthly cost despite the cheaper electricity rate is mainly linked to the higher use of air conditioning systems.
How To Lower Your Average Electric Bill In Florida
Yes, the average electric bill in Florida is high. But you can lower it quite easily. Here is a list where you'll find the best methods to lower your bill and be able to afford it even when it’s substantially higher than usual by using fast payday loans Florida.
1. Properly Insulate Your Home
Insulation regulates your house's temperature. If your home takes a long time to cool or heat, you likely need to have your insulation checked to find areas where you can improve it.
The extra effort it takes for your HVAC system to adjust the temperature equals higher electric bills. And nobody wants that. Luckily, you can increase your insulation in a number of ways, including:
- Painting the exterior with insulated paint — This isn't as effective as the other two on this list, but it definitely will help.
- Use electrical outlet sealers — Turn off the breaker before doing so, of course!
- Wrap your hot water pipes in insulation wrap — So much energy is lost through your pipes as it goes toward the right location.
2. Clean Out The Lint Filter
Something as simple as cleaning out the lint in your dryer can decrease your electric bill. A clogged lint filter forces your dryer to work harder (thus, use more electricity) to produce the desired output.
3. Unplug Your Appliances And Devices
Devices and appliances with clocks (ovens, microwaves, laptops, phones, etc.) use power even when they're switched off. These devices are known as "phantom appliances," and constantly use electricity when their plug is on.
To combat this, all you need to do is switch them off at the plug. Some people like to unplug them completely, but that's also okay if you turn the socket off.
4. Limit Your Pool Pump Usage
Contrary to what you might believe, your pool pump doesn't need to run all the time. To cut your electric bill, run your pool pump for six hours a day in the summer and only four in the winter.
Also, make sure you regularly keep up with pump maintenance. Any blockages or dirty filters will impact the performance, causing the pimp to use more electricity to complete its task.
How Can You Afford High Electric Bills?
So, what happens if you can't pay an expensive electric bill? Well, here are a couple of ways to go about it, including:
LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program)
This program helps those who are at or below the federal poverty line pay their utility bills. However, the application process takes some time to complete, so make sure to start early enough ahead of your bills to make sure you hear an answer back on time.
Emergency Payday Loan
A Florida payday loan is a short-term financial aid designed to bridge the gap between paychecks. They're made for emergencies like paying for unexpectedly high or overdue electric bills.
The process is very simple when you get your payday loan through Fast Payday Loans, Inc., and you can borrow up to $1,000.
How To Get A Quick Payday Loan
- Submit the filled-out form on Fast Payday Loans, Inc. It takes roughly 5 minutes and it sends your information directly to your local Fast Payday Loans, Inc. storefront.
- Once our team receives your information, we will give you a call to discuss the process, verify your information, answer your questions, and define the documents you need to qualify.
- After the phone call, head to your local storefront with your government-issued photo ID (driver's license, typically), most recent pay stub, and a blank check from an active checking account. Make sure everything is in your name, so the process runs as smoothly as possible.
- Our loan representative will examine your documents to see whether you qualify for our payday loan.
- Our representative will take you through some simple paperwork if you are eligible, asking for your signature as they go.
- Finally, the money you need to pay your electric bill will hit your account on the same day or the following business day.
Get A Payday Loan To Pay Your Electric Bill Today
You can lower the average electric bill in Florida by following our tips above. And don't forget, there are avenues out there to help you fund your bills even if you can’t afford them today. Find out more about the payday loans we offer at Fast Payday Loans, Inc. by submitting a payday loan online form.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.